Website Buzzblock Recruitment
- Relevant diploma or tertiary qualification
- Extensive knowledge of industry and event technical supply
- In-depth knowledge of lighting equipment, practices and safety standards including their application to live events installations
- Working knowledge of design principles and cad design programs
- MS Office proficient
- Passport Current and available to tour
- Project and time Management skills
- Multitask and problem solving
- Design Lighting for Live events (in consultation with Director/Client), including, but not limited to:
- Develop, design concept, and create Lighting Plot, schedules and equipment lists.
- Dissemination of necessary Lighting information to designated Lighting team.
- Facilitation of get-in and operation.
- Overall responsibility for the visual appearance of the Event.
- Function as Senior Lighting Technician as required, including:
- Execution of the technical aspects of a Live Event within field of expertise according to top production standards.
- Controlling and coordinating all Lighting aspects and personnel on a specific job.
- Ensuring that preparation, installation and dis-assembly of Lighting equipment and associated activities are carried out safely according to the South African Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Health and Safety Practices within the Live Event Industry.
- Proactively develop Lighting staff through skills transfer and mentorship.
Salary Range: Market Related
Candidates are selected strictly according to the vacancy criteria and won’t be considered if they don’t comply with the job specifications as per the advertisement.