Boilermaker – East Rand
- Qualification – Boilermaker
- Must have experience with structures (2 + Years)
- 2 + year’s experience as a qualified Boilermaker
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Construct, assemble, maintain, and repair stationary steam boilers and boiler house auxiliaries. Align structures or plate sections to assemble boiler frame tanks or vats, following blueprints.
- Work involves use of hand and power tools, plumb bobs, levels, wedges, dogs, or turnbuckles.
- Assist in testing assembled vessels.
- Direct cleaning of boilers and boiler furnaces.
- Inspect and repair boiler fittings, such as safety valves, regulators, automatic-control mechanisms, water columns, and auxiliary machines.
- Examine boilers, pressure vessels, tanks, and vats to locate defects such as leaks, weak spots, and defective sections so that they can be repaired.
- Inspect assembled vessels and individual components, such as tubes, fittings, valves, controls, and auxiliary mechanisms, to locate any defects
- Lay out plate, sheet steel, or other heavy metal, and locate and mark bending and cutting lines, using protractors, compasses, and drawing instruments or templates.
- Locate and mark reference points for columns or plates on boiler foundations, following blueprints and using straightedges, squares, transits, and measuring instruments.
- Position, align, and secure structural parts and related assemblies to boiler frames, tanks, or vats of pressure vessels, following blueprints.
- Repair or replace defective pressure vessel parts, such as safety valves and regulators, using torches, jacks, caulking hammers, power saws, threading dies, welding equipment, and metalworking machinery.
- Assemble large vessels in an on-site fabrication shop prior to installation, in order to ensure proper fit
- Market Related – Depending on experience
Email Recent CV
(Include relevant Qualifications)